Last Updated on August 13, 2021 by Lawrence Berezin
NYC Stipulated Fine Program
This is the second part of a four-part series of posts about NYC parking ticket settlement programs.
To clarify, the first post discussed a program that targets private passenger automobiles. It was called the Parking Penalty Reductions Program.
Today, we’ll look at a program that targets commercial organizations.
The Fleet Program
First, any commercial organization can sign up for the Fleet Program. There’s no charge.
For example, a commercial organization means any owner or lessee of at least one vehicle used exclusively to deliver goods or services.
As a member of the Fleet Program, you’ll receive:
- Weekly reports listing tickets issued to enrolled plates
- You’ll be given a penalty-free period to discuss those tickets
You have 45 days from your receipt of the Fleet Report to dispute or pay the fines for your company’s NYC parking tickets.
Free download. No email address is required. Click gently on the link Commercial Vehicles Parking Rule Revisions.
Once your organization is enrolled in the Fleet Program
You are eligible to apply to enroll in the Stipulated Fine Program. This program is for companies with commercial fleet vehicles engaged in expeditious deliveries or services. Expeditious deliveries or services mean deliveries that will take no longer than 30 minutes to complete.
Here’s what you agree to:
- Pay the stipulated fines for your parking tickets NYC, as determined by the DOF
- Waive your right to contest any of the parking tickets your organization receives
- Accept the decision of the DOF as final
- Accept that the stipulated fines may be increased anytime, without prior notice
- Fines will be a fixed percentage of violations issued in 3 different categories; amenable, partially amenable, and non-amenable. These 3 categories represent different levels of seriousness of the parking violations. For example, parking in front of a fire hydrant is considered a more serious violation by the DOF than standing in a no parking zone.
Your stipulated fines are not based upon your organization’s parking ticket history. They’re based upon the overall history of the many New York City parking violations.
Here are some examples of the stipulated fine schedule for New York parking tickets as of February 28, 2008:
|No Stopping-Day/Time Limits||$105-no change|
|No Standing-Hotel Loading||$105-no change|
|No Standing-Snow Emergency||$35-no change|
|No Standing-Excluding Truck Loading||$95-$0|
|No Parking-Day/Time Limits||$60-$0|
|No Parking-Street Cleaning||$45-$0|
|No Parking-Excluding Motel Loading||$60-$0|
The Stipulated Fine Program, schedule of fines for New York parking tickets is available to your organization once it’s accepted into the program. Or, you can ask for a copy according to the Freedom of Information Act by writing to the DOF.
New York Parking Ticket, LLC has a copy of the schedule of fines, which we’re happy to give our customers upon request. Send us an email, and we’ll email you a copy.
Next week, I’ll write about the Commercial Abatement Program.
Should you give up your right to fight your New York City parking ticket? We’d love to hear about your experiences in any of the NYC parking ticket settlement programs. We’ll all benefit! Let’s start sharing this information.