Martin Luther King Jr’s birthday is a legal parking holiday in NYC
I can’t tell you how many telephone calls, and website visits, we received last year on Martin Luther King Jr’s birthday inquiring about what rights are bestowed upon the driving public on the birthday of this great man. On a LEGAL HOLIDAY, ASP Rules are suspended. That’s it. Happy birthday, Dr. King, the driving public receives ASP Rules suspension in your honor. Period.
Martin Luther King Jr’s birthday is NOT a Major Legal Holiday in the world of NYC parking tickets
Please don’t make this mistake. On a Major Legal Holiday:
- ASP Rules are suspended
- You don’t have to feed the meters
- You don’t have to obey parking signs, except when days/hrs are days, all times
But NOT ON MLK JR’S BIRTHDAY. Only ASP Rules are suspended.
I have a dream…
Not one, single, solitary, member of the NYC driving public will be issued a parking ticket on MLK Jr’s birthday, Monday, January 17, 2011 because he/she thought MLK Jr’s birthday was a MAJOR LEGAL HOLIDAY.
Where were you on August 28, 1963, when Dr. King delivered this historic speech?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Bus Stop Parking Ticket Challenge - February 18, 2019
- Client Success: I Beat a Taxi Stand Parking Ticket NYC - January 28, 2019
- What Happens if I Park in Front of an Illegal Driveway in NYC? - December 24, 2018