Last Updated on February 20, 2018 by Lawrence Berezin
The Answers to Last Week’s Pop Quiz about NYC parking ticket rules
Last week I gave you a pop quiz testing your knowledge of NYC parking ticket rules. Here are the answers. How’d you do?
1. Is there any way to beat an NYC parking ticket for double parking? Yes or No
2. If you park 20 feet away from a fire hydrant, are you in violation of NYC Parking Violation Code 40, Fire Hydrant? Yes or No
3. Will the NYC Parking Ticket Bureau ever offer to cut your fine in exchange for pleading guilty to a parking violation? Yes or No
4. You can never fight and win a New York City parking ticket for standing. True orFalse
5. Alternate side street cleaning rules are never suspended. True or False
6. The Stipulated Fine Program is for commercial vehicles that complete deliveries in 30 minutes or less. True or False?
7. You don’t have to be a member of the NYC Fleet Program to qualify for either the Stipulated Fine Program or Commercial Abatement Program. True or False
8. It’s always a good idea to check your parking ticket for defects on the face of the ticket. If there are defects, you win. True or False
9. There is a pilot program in Greenwich Village employing “smart parking meters” that raise the parking rates from $1 to $2 during peak traffic hours. True or False
10. Parking in NYC is free. True or False
How did you do? All our the information to answer these 10 questions can be found on our website. If you have any questions or disagree with any of my answers, please post a comment and I’ll reply.
Please comment. Your opinion is important to us!