How well do you know the stats and facts related to NYC parking tickets?
I was doing my usual research when I stumbled on a fascinating report about NYC parking ticket trends. The authors were from the Department of Statistics of George Washington University. The study was confined to data from March 2010.
NYC parking ticket history quiz
- True or False? 10M tickets were issued, 1.2M tickets were contested, and slightly less than half of the contested tickets were dismissed in the prior fiscal year
- True or False? The fine reduction settlement program was instituted in 2005 and no longer exists today.
- True or False? Manhattan accounted for almost one-half of all parking tickets issued in New York City.
- True of False? Brooklyn accounted for the least amount of parking tickets issued in New York City
- True or False? More parking tickets were issued on weekdays than weekends
- True or False? Parking violations involving commercial vehicles happen mostly in Queens
- True or False? Street cleaning violations are issued rarely in Staten Island
- True or False? The most common violation issued in Staten Island is missing inspection sticker
- True or False? 55% of all tickets issued in March 2010 were issued to vehicles that received more than two tickets that month
- True or False? The highest count of parking tickets for one vehicle was 2,224 (Yikes!)
- True or False? More tickets were issued to passenger vehicles than commercial vehicles
Please click this link to view the answers (no email required)
There are much more fascinating facts about NYC parking tickets, along with charts and cluster diagrams to help you understand the information contained in the study. If you wish to check out the full report, simply click on the pretty red button below for the PDF (no email address necessary).
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- 3 Valuable NYC Parking Ticket Tips - March 4, 2019
- Bus Stop Parking Ticket Challenge - February 18, 2019
- Client Success: I Beat a Taxi Stand Parking Ticket NYC - January 28, 2019