I love our parking ticket quickie quizzes (but they’re really not rocket science)
Knowledge is power and learning about the parking rules, regulations, and laws is the best way to survive with your wallet intact in the unpredictable world of NYC parking tickets. You’ll find a three-question quickie quiz on the home page of our website. All you have to do is click on the tiny colored “Take our Quiz” button in the left column to test your knowledge and receive immediate feedback.
I’m always posting questions on our Facebook Page testing your mettle. These questions can generally be answered yes/no, or true/false. Many of the questions ask you to look at parking sign and answer “Can you park here.”
Here are the 12 parking ticket questions asked on the last 4 quickie quizzes
- A parking sign regulates the parking spaces in the direction of the arrow (s) until the next parking sign or the end of the block?
- When two or more parking signs display conflicting rules, the more restrictive rule is the rule you must obey?
- If a parking sign is more than 25 feet from your parking space, it cannot regulate your parking space?
- There is a new law requiring all judges to dismiss a parking ticket for “Failure to Display Muni- Meter Receipt” upon a showing of paid receipt
- You have 5 minutes to walk to and fro a muni-meter to purchase your parking time.
- In a 2 HR parking zone, you can only park for 2-hours. You can never buy more time.
- If you owe $350 in parking ticket judgments, your chariot can be booted in parts of Brooklyn?
- Is it legal to double park on the unrestricted side of the street on ASP days?
- The NYC Parking Ticket Settlement Program ended on Jan. 31, 2012?
- A bus stop ends at the next parking sign in the direction of the arrow on the bus stop sign; Or if no parking sign, the end of the block?
- Can you stop temporarily to pick-up a passenger and her luggage in a “No Parking” zone?
- Can you park within 10 feet of an NYC fire hydrant?
The answers can be found in the FREE white paper offered at the end of this article.
Results of the parking ticket quickie quizzes
I absolutely love that the responses to the most recent quiz where perfect. There was only one incorrect response to #1. Question #2 is a difficult question, but 71% of the 23 respondents answered it correctly. Question #3 was answered correctly by 100% of the 23 respondents.
Question #12 was an expensive question for 11-32 respondents who thought you can legally park within 10 feet of an NYC fire hydrant. Ca-ching. I asked question #4 was to make sure everyone knew about the new Muni- Meter Laws, which is incredibly helpful to our driving community. Unfortunately, 24-29 respondents got it wrong. Therefore, I’ve recently focused on bringing these wonderful new laws to the front of the mind by blogging about ’em and writing E-books.
24-73 Respondents answered #9 incorrectly. I attribute that to post-traumatic anxiety syndrome due to the elimination of the parking ticket settlement program.
Learning about the NYC parking rules, regulations, and laws is not rocket science because rocket science is much easier! (Just kidding…I think). You may wish to take our quickie quizzes to test your knowledge. C’mon over to our Facebook Page and I promise you’ll have some fun. Simply click on the link and then click “LIKE.”
I’ve prepared a white paper containing the last four quickie quiz questions and answers, and other interesting information. Please feel free to download this FREE document. Simply click on the chic button below and whoosh…(Sorry about all the clicking).
Are you a parking ticket maven? Click on this link to find out.
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- 7 NYC Parking Ticket Mistakes to Avoid and Save Money - December 10, 2018
- Should NYC Car Sharing Cars Share On-Street Parking Spaces? - July 30, 2018
- A Common, Costly NYC Parking Ticket Mistake to Avoid - July 16, 2018