Visitor’s Guide to beating an NYC parking ticket is for you
About two months ago, Tom Smith from Jones Wisconsin contacted me. Tom and his family drove 1700 miles to NYC and spent a wonderful two weeks sightseeing in our beautiful city. Long story short, Tom was given an NYC parking ticket, and his chariot was towed, for a no standing violation when he parked at his destination in NYC prior to heading for home. The sign that hurt him was one of New York City’s infamous three-headed monsters on a gotcha pole.
For Tom to make the correct parking decision, he would need to know that a more restrictive parking sign beats a less restrictive sign; even if the less restrictive parking sign permits parking. Were you born with this knowledge? I sure have hell wasn’t. There is no place to find this rule/custom except my website.
I fought this absurd parking ticket and won. This parking ticket was dismissed and Tom’s tow charges will be refunded. Yea! (subject of tomorrow’s blog)
Larry’s victory leads to Visitor’s Guide to Beating NYC Parking Tickets
I did some research and unearthed these statistics:
- Domestic visitors in 2011: 40.3 million
- International visitors in 2011: 10.6 million
- Visitor spending (international and domestic) in 2011: $34.2 billion
- Economic Impact in 2010
- Total visitor spending from NYC tourism: $31.5 billion
- Total visitor spending from New York City tourism in 2010: $31.5 billion
- Total wages generated by New York City tourism in 2010: $17.3 billion
- Total NYC jobs supported by visitor spending in 2010: 310,156
- Total taxes generated by visitor spending in 2010: $8.1 billion
- Each New York City household benefited by an average of $1,350 in tax savings as a result of travel and tourism
Visitor’s Guide to Beating NYC Parking Tickets is a parking ticket warning system
Unless you have your NYC parking ticket Ph.D., you’ll benefit from having this information at your fingertips:
- Where does a bus stop end?
- Why should you avoid stopping in a bus stop zone to discharge a passenger?
- When are you permitted to park alongside a fire hydrant?
- Does a driver left in the car need to have the car keys to avoid an NYC parking ticket?
- Can you drop off a passenger and her luggage in a bus stop zone?
- What activities can be performed in no standing and no parking zones?
- Are all curb cuts illegal parking spaces?
- Can you get a parking ticket walking to and fro a muni-meter to pay for parking?
- Does the 5 minute grace period apply to the beginning or end of a rule change? Or both?
- And much, much more…
The best part of this guide is its FREE!
Simply click on the pretty button below and take a magic carpet ride to download your Visitor’s Guide to Beating NYC Parking Tickets. What are you waiting for?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- What Happens if I Park in Front of an Illegal Driveway in NYC? - December 24, 2018
- 7 NYC Parking Ticket Mistakes to Avoid and Save Money - December 10, 2018
- Should NYC Car Sharing Cars Share On-Street Parking Spaces? - July 30, 2018