Last Updated on November 8, 2022 by Lawrence Berezin
A yellow-painted curb means nothing at all in NYC parking ticket land
Football is back, and yellow penalty flags will be flying. A soccer referee raises a yellow card to cite a player for bad behavior. A yellow traffic light means caution. But in the wacky world of NYC parking tickets, a yellow curb means absolutely, positively nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero.
Your failure to memorize this mantra will cost you the price of an NYC parking ticket.
Where does the driving public look for meaningful yellow-painted curbs?
I receive emails, calls, and comments from our beautiful friends complaining there was no yellow curb to designate 15 feet from a fire hydrant (There will never, ever be 15 feet of yellow curb to indicate 15 feet from the pump).
How about a bus stop zone? A bus stop zone starts from the bus stop sign and extends in the arrow(s) direction until the next parking sign or the end of the block. (There will never, ever be a yellow painted curb to designate the length of a bus stop zone).
All other parking signs. There will never, ever be a yellow curb to tell you the length or direction of a no standing, no parking, or no anything zone.
NYC parking tickets Q & A
- The length of a bus stop zone
- The meaning of yellow paint on the curb
- Larry’s opinion on whether to fight all of your parking tickets
- How long you can stop in a No Standing zone
- Whether you can wait for Aunt Tillie to cross the street after you drop her off
- Larry’s opinion about how to fix the NYC parking ticket system
- How much revenue is generated by NYC parking tickets
- About a parking ticket guide, every driver must have
- About bite-size bits of information that must be entered correctly on your parking ticket or else it will be dismissed (required elements)
- And more…
NYC Council people have presented bills that would paint the curb to show the length of the bus stop. However, that bill never made it out of committee.
What do you think about yellow curbs? Would the help it gives drivers match the expense for the Evil Empire to purchase and paint all the bus stops in NYC?
The thrill of victory when you figure out a winning defense to an unjust parking ticket. It’s a wonderful thing. And, here’s a cheat sheet that will help you win by pointing out the correct way to enter registration and inspection data on a parking ticket.
If the warrior or cop failed the course and you spot the mistake, your ticket will be dismissed!
Click on the green button now!