Will Quinn’s laws change bad muni-meters into good muni-meters?
Once upon a time, a long time ago, when my daughter was four years old, I asked her to stand in the corner when she behaved badly_ a “time out.” One day I came home from work and found Julie standing in the corner. I asked her why she was standing in the corner? Julie replied:
“I was bad and you weren’t home, so I put myself in the corner.”
Kudos to NYC Council Speaker Christine Quinn for standing the bad muni-meters in a metaphorical corner!
Quinn’s muni-meter solution
Quinn is planning to work with her colleagues in the NYC Council to formulate a Bill to re-program all the muni-meters in NYC.
“People make mistakes. We shouldn’t be taking people’s money when they make a mistake and it’s a very simple fix, all we need to do is reprogram the Muni-Meters,” Quinn said.
Quinn will propose:
- If a muni-meter cannot print a receipt, it will not be able to grab your money
- If you attempt to feed the MM on a day/time you aren’t required to pay for parking, the muni-meter will not be able to steal your money
Wow! If Quinn’s solution sees the light of day, it will be great for the NYC driving community. What will we do with our extra cash?.
You may wish to read an article Larry (that’s me) published, “Do you know the Status of the Three Muni- Meter Bills”
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Should NYC Car Sharing Cars Share On-Street Parking Spaces? - July 30, 2018
- A Common, Costly NYC Parking Ticket Mistake to Avoid - July 16, 2018
- Should NYC Employees be Permitted to Violate Parking Rules? - July 9, 2018