Last Updated on August 19, 2021 by Lawrence Berezin
A blocking the box NYC parking ticket can be beaten
You can beat an unjust blocking-the-box ticket with Larry’s valuable, free guide.
“It is not enough to fight. It is the spirit which we bring to the fight that decides the issue…”Geneal George marshall
It was a bright, sunny day, and our hero, Abraham Dos, returned to his office after completing a successful business meeting. His associate was a front-seat passenger. As he headed for “home,” Abraham didn’t realize storm clouds were brewing nearby.
Abraham’s journey through the box commenced when the light turned green. Our hero entered the intersection of Park Avenue and 36th Street, the traffic was moving, albeit slowly, and there was enough space beyond the far crosswalk for Abraham’s car to fit in his lane of travel. It was the usual blocking-the-box crime scene.
The traffic light turned yellow as Abraham reached the far crosswalk. A rogue parking ticket warrior yelled at Abraham from the sidewalk to stop his vehicle. By the time the warrior reached his car, the light was red. Bing, bang, boom, score one for the bad guys in the form of an undeserved $115 NYC parking ticket for obstructing traffic in an intersection.
When you’re right-FIGHT
Abraham fought the good fight and beat his NYC parking ticket. Here are some of the reasons why:
- The tone of our Affidavit was business-like and conversational because we:
- Told a story without injecting anger, rantings, and accusations of the warrior’s lying, cheating and stealing his money
- Provided a lot of details about our entire journey
- Made sure to state that we entered the intersection on a green light with space for our car to fit beyond the far crosswalk
- Explained why traffic slowed down
- Asserted only a small part of the rear of our car remained in the intersection, and we did not impede any traffic traveling through the opposite intersection
- Took the judge through our journey by providing Google Maps with Street View screen captures to illustrate our story
- And provided a witness certification from Abraham’s passenger, revealing the relationship; and not parroting Abraham’s version of the events
Larry’s Essential, Money-Saving, Blocking the Block Guide
Don’t drive through an NYC intersection without it