Learning the difference between a legal v. illegal pedestrian ramp takes relentless repetition
I came across a terrific Fox 5 News pedestrian ramp scam video, which aired on May 3, 2010. Fox 5 News entered the fray on behalf of a member of the NYC driving public.
This video is a great teaching tool to learn and re-learn how to distinguish between a legal and an illegal pedestrian ramp. I am sorry to say, there are still rogue warriors issuing bogus pedestrian ramp NYC parking tickets.
I wish the parking ticket warriors would watch this video.
A couple of corrections
- Our harried victim and Fox 5 News were under the misimpression our harried victim was not entitled to an automatic refund of her tow charge, upon dismissal of her parking ticket.
- You are always entitled to a refund of your tow charges upon a dismissal of the underlying parking ticket (Here’s a link to the tow refund form).
- It was New York Parking Ticket LLC that caused the NYC DOT to update the parking rules of NYC to accurately reflect the pedestrian ramp rule, as amended in December 2008; and circulate a memorandum to all stakeholders
Take a few minutes, watch the video, and re-learn the pedestrian ramp rule
It may save you a $165 parking ticket and tow.
-Sorry, the Fox 5 News video is no longer available-
- Please commit to memory the pedestrian ramp rule so you can exercise good parking judgment, and avoid a pedestrian ramp parking ticket
- If you are issued a pedestrian ramp parking ticket, please be sure it is a legal ticket; and not one of those bogus orange epistles. Feel free to call me
- These bogus parking tickets are still being issued by rogue warriors…BEWARE!
- You are permitted to park at a pedestrian ramp when there are NO:
- Marked crosswalks
- Traffic signs or
- Traffic signals regulating traffic
(Red circles below indicate LEGAL parking spaces)
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- The “Dispute a Parking Ticket Online Tool” Renovated by the Evil Empire - May 21, 2018
- Do You Know About 3 Bold Changes in Parking Ticket Land? - May 14, 2018
- The Truth About Parking Ticket Refunds and Adjournments - April 16, 2018