Last Updated on November 5, 2022 by Lawrence Berezin
Car towing in NYC has been on the rise
Can they tow my car with $350.00 in outstanding parking ticket judgments?
- You betcha! The city marshal and sheriff search for vehicles that have $350.00 or more in parking ticket judgments. If they find your vehicle, they will tow it.
Where can I find my vehicle if the NYPD tows it?
- Here’s a link to the police pounds. Police Tow Pounds.
- Here’s a link to “Find a Towed Vehicle”
- Call 212-New York (out-of-NYC)
What can happen to me and my chariot if I owe the city that never sleeps $101.00 in outstanding parking ticket fines in judgments?
- The police department can tow your car if you get a parking ticket (It’s called a “violation” tow)
Has Larry published any blog posts on this subject?
- “What to know when they tow your car,”
- “How to get your Vehicle Released from the Tow Truck”
- “Make these Parking Ticket Mistakes and they will tow your vehicle,”
Why does NYC tow my car?
- Can they tow my car if I do not have any NYC parking tickets in judgment?
- YES. Since all of NYC is a tow-away zone, a parking ticket warrior has the authority to call for “Captain Hook” anytime they issue a parking ticket (The NY State Legislature has classified NYC as a tow-away zone since 1956)
- Can I learn how to redeem my towed vehicle?
- YES. Click on this link. DOF how to redeem my towed vehicle
There are myriad cases of abuse of towing vehicles in NYC. You may never park again in NYC.
Whether you’re a “newbie” driver in NYC or a grizzled veteran, Larry’s tips will help you save money. Knowledge is power and Larry’s tips will empower you to avoid or beat NYC parking tickets.
Good idea? Sure it is!