Last Updated on September 1, 2021 by Lawrence Berezin
Car towing in NYC has been on the rise
Can they tow my car with $350.00 in outstanding parking ticket judgments?
- You betcha! The city marshal and sheriff search for vehicles that have $350.00 or more in parking ticket judgments. If they find your vehicle, they will tow it.
Where can I find my vehicle, if it the N.Y.P. D tows it?
- Here’s a link to the police pounds. Police Tow Pounds.
- Here’s a link to “Find a Towed Vehicle”
- Call 212-New York (out-of-NYC)
What can happen to me and my chariot if I owe the city that never sleeps $101.00 in outstanding parking ticket fines in judgments?
- The police department can tow your car if you get a parking ticket (It’s called a “violation” tow)
Has Larry published any blog posts on this subject?
- “What to know when they tow your car,”
- “How to get your Vehicle Released from the Tow Truck”
- “Make these Parking Ticket Mistakes and they will tow your vehicle,”
Why does NYC tow my car?
- Can they tow my car if I do not have any NYC parking tickets in judgment?
- YES. Since all NYC is a tow-away zone, a parking ticket warrior has the authority to call for “Captain Hook” anytime he/she issues a parking ticket (The NY State Legislature has classified NYC as a tow-away zone since 1956)
- Can I learn how to redeem my towed vehicle?
- YES. Click on this link. DOF how to redeem my towed vehicle
There are myriad abuses of towing vehicles in NYC. You may never park again in NYC.