Here’s your NYC parking ticket challenge.
Match the question, item or statement in Column A, with the correct answer in Column B and you will be on your way to saving money in your fight against NYC parking tickets. An NYC parking ticket costs up to $165, plus penalties. But, how do you place a value on the 5 days of anger and frustration you suffer following your receipt of an NYC parking ticket?
Take a few minutes to mix, match and learn. The correct answers will save you money.
|Column A||Column B|
|1. How can I beat an NYC parking ticket for double parking? C||A. False|
|2. How can I beat an NYC parking ticket for parking alongside a fire hydrant G||B. False|
|3. I can double park my car when street cleaning rules on in effect, and not receive an NYC parking ticket, true or false A||C. Present evidence that you were expeditiously discharging a passenger from your vehicle, and you can beat your NYC parking ticket|
|4. I can never stop or stand at a bus stop, true or false||D. False. Only one sign required anywhere on a block|
|5. How do I fight a New York City parking ticket or standing at a bus stop? F||E. You cannot double park in Midtown, ever, never, ever|
|6. There must be a no parking sign within 50 feet of my parking space, or I can park as I please, true or false?||F. Present evidence a passenger was entering or exiting your vehicle|
|7. I can double park my commercial vehicle anywhere in NYC, as long as I can prove I was making a delivery, true or false? E||G. Present evidence there was a driver sitting behind the wheel of your car, ready to move, if requested to do so|
Double parking is a tough ticket to beat because:
- The Evil Empire states that double parking a passenger vehicle is illegal all times and for all reasons. Period, end of story!
- The minority view (which I adhere to) is that double parking is a no standing violation. Ergo, you can double park temporarily to expeditiously drop off a passenger or pick up a passenger waiting for you at the curb and leave the area immediately
- You cannot drop off personal property in a no standing zone
- The driver must remain seated behind the wheel while dropping off or picking up a passenger
- Remember, many judges will follow the “company line” and find you guilty of double parking regardless of the defense
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- 5-Question Parking Ticket, Open Website, Quickie Quiz - March 19, 2018
- Do Not Fight Sidewalk Parking Tickets Until you Read This - March 13, 2018
- Parking Rules You Ought to Know That Will Save You Dough - March 5, 2018