NYC parking tickets are not limited to one per parking space
“One is the loneliest number” may make a great title for a song by Three Dog Night. But, you don’t want to be stuck with two or more parking tickets in the same space, or on the same day.
The Evil Empire and its minions will heap unlimited NYC parking tickets on your chariot regardless of the time or space.
Is there anything we can do to fight back? Yes, we can.
Two NYC parking tickets issued in the same parking space
Here’s the Evil Empire’s custom:
- If a second parking ticket is issued for the same parking violation in the same space within 1-3 hours of the first parking ticket, the Evil Empire will dismiss the second parking ticket upon application and payment of the first parking ticket
The tipping points are:
- Same parking violation
- Same parking space
- Within 1-3 hours
- Payment of the first parking ticket
Two NYC parking tickets issued during the same day
Here’s some valuable information to enter in your Funk and Wagnalls:
- You are entitled to a dismissal of the second or more parking tickets
- Issued for a status violation (expired registration sticker, inspection sticker, plate violations, etc.)
- On the same date
- Regardless of where your chariot was parked
For example, if you park your car with an expired registration sticker in front of Trader Joe’s in Brooklyn and get a parking ticket for expired registration at 11A, and later that day win a second parking ticket for expired registration while parked in front of your castle, a kind, generous parking ticket judge will dismiss the second status violation. Yea!
How about a boot and tow two hours later?
Boy does this unconscionable practice make me crazy. Your car is parked illegally and wins a boot. The boot comes with a piece of paper stuck somewhere on your car warning that you’ve got two hours to remove the boot or get towed.
This grotesque practice is just a money grab that makes absolutely no sense at all. But, it’s still going on.
I’m trying to change this evil practice. Please write to your councilperson if it happens or happened to you.
“One is the loneliest number that you’ll ever do / Two can be as bad as one / It’s the loneliest number since the number one /”
A penny for your thoughts?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- 3 Valuable NYC Parking Ticket Tips - March 4, 2019
- Bus Stop Parking Ticket Challenge - February 18, 2019
- Client Success: I Beat a Taxi Stand Parking Ticket NYC - January 28, 2019