A question of control
Joan dreads Tuesdays and Fridays. Those are the days alternate side parking rules are in effect in her neighborhood. Joan must baby-sit her 2004 Toyota Camry for one and one-half hours each day while a legion of NYC sanitation department Brooms clean the streets of our fair city. Joan has ceded control of her life to NYC on Tuesday and Friday morning, and it doesn’t feel good. As Joan says, “What options do I have?”
Proposed life changing Alternate Side Parking Rule Bill
Joan, you now have some reasonable options. Council Member Ydanis Rodriguez, a great friend of the NYC driving public, is the primary sponsor of a Bill pending in the NYC Council that will significantly ease your pain; and eliminate the race to the parking space on the days A S Parking Rules are in effect. In other words, the Bill will return a large measure of control to you on A S Parking days.
The Bill will allow Joan to:
- Park on the restricted side of the street, once it has been cleaned
- Remain in her car, and move it temporarily when she sees the Broom approaching
What can you and Joan do to help?
Thanks for asking. As a vote is imminent, there are two things you can do to help make this wonderful Bill a reality. You and Joan have the power to change the arcane ritual of baby-sitting your car one or two days per week for a total of three hours, or more.
- Take 43 seconds of your valuable time, click on this link, and add your name to a petition supporting this Bill to be sent to Mayor Bloomberg
- Take one hour of your time and join a huge group of people at a noon rally at City Hall on January 18, 2011. Coincidentally, this isthe day A S Parking Rules return from its snow holiday
The Marathon Man
You have a choice. If you do nothing, the pain of A S Parking days will continue. Or, you and Joan can take action to right this wrong, and your pain will be significantly reduced. Is it safe for Joan and I to count on your support for this wonderful Bill?
Latest posts by Lawrence Berezin (see all)
- Bus Stop Parking Ticket Challenge - February 18, 2019
- Client Success: I Beat a Taxi Stand Parking Ticket NYC - January 28, 2019
- What Happens if I Park in Front of an Illegal Driveway in NYC? - December 24, 2018